I’ve got some great things going on despite the date and the fact that I’ve spilled every single plate/cup/bowl/dog dish/etc…that I’ve picked up. As a precaution, I shall steer clear of ladders, black cats and dastardly villains like Freddy and Jason for the rest of the day.
- I’ve signed up on GoodReads. If you’re a member, friend me and we can share our literary loves. I know my bookshelf is empty (sidebar at left), but I told myself I wasn’t going to add books until I read them–after I joined. That means all the great novels I’ve read in the past will remain off my shelves unless I read them again. I do, however, have several great novels on my to be read shelf of soon-to-be debut authors. It’s never too early to start thinking about future publications and even preordering them to show up on your doorstep upon their release.
- I have three winners for my #WTGV (Want to Go Viral?) book give-away. One lucky student (Lisa), parent (Sharon) and professional (Angela) have received a free copy of this amazing book. Thanks to all who helped spread the word regarding the best must-read book ever, Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman. If you haven’t heard about it yet, click on my #WTGV tab at the top of my blog. Even though we didn’t reach our million people mark by the end of December, I’d still like to give away one more copy of Want to Go Private? Anybody who comments on my blog between Friday the 13th and Friday the 27th will be put in another drawing for a free copy. Participants must reside in the US for shipping purposes.
- Speaking of books: another writer friend and AQCer got a two book deal. He might sound familiar, as I’ve talked about R.K.Lewis before and provided links to his online articles over at Criminal Element. Mister Lewis writes gritty noir with more voice than the pages can hold. Congrats, Robert!
- In contrast, Susan Keogh’s nautical fiction takes history to a whole ‘nother level. Susan is a fellow crit partner, AQCer and a lyrical writer. Her debut novel, The Prodigal, was recently picked up by Fireship Press. So, if you haven’t been keeping track over the past months and are a writer, you might want to join AgentQuery Connect. There’s a whole slew of good stuff going on over there: friendship, critique help, writerly support, agent offers and publishing deals. Seriously, what are you waiting for?
- And one last thing. I blogged over at From the Write Angle today. There I unveiled my Friday the 13th terrors in regards to being a writer. But never fear, I did leave you with some tips and tricks to keep your body and mind sound during your writing journey.
- Oh yeah, Dear Hubby and I are going out with some friends. While sweating my way through my work out this morning, I got us a date. Yay! So, if ever you feel lonely, hit the health club. You’re sure to run into like-minded peeps. Even if your calendars don’t quite mix, those few moments of socialness are as uplifting as the 500 crunches I do each day.
How about you, dear readers? How does your Friday the 13th go? Is it filled with a bad case of the dropsies and unlucky ladders, or do you have some shining moments to pull you out of the doldrums?
Curious minds want to know.